Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Healthy Broker

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

our cruise of the Getaway was scheduled to leave Miami on 8.22.15 to the BVI's Tortolla, St Thomas, Nassau. But Danny changed our course to Nassau, Jamacia and Cozumel. We we grateful NCL found an alternative route and did not cancel. This was a working cruise. I taught one morning and attended 2 classes. Leaving me plenty of time to book excursions and enjoy the amemeties. My biggest disappointment with NCL is their smoking policy. Perhaps smoking is allowed on all ships this being my first big cruise I was very surprised to discover smoking is permitted at all of the outside bars and in the casino. Walking thru the smoking areas was a route we had to avoid. The rooms are suppose to be smoke free however we had to report on our neighboring stateroom for smoking on their balcony which preventing us from enjoying our balcony. The NCL staff did visit the neighbor in 2 occasions. Eventually they stopped.

We elected to purchase the dinner upgrade. I suggest this upgrade since the complimentary restaurants serve pretty much the same food. One meal the salmon burger had to be sent back. The fish was clearly frozen and moist. Our best meal and it was great was with the French restaurant, El Bistro. The main buffet The Garden we approached during lunch with caution. Children had the run if this deck. Several times we observe children handling the food on the buffets, honestly where were their parents? Our refuge was the Spa. We purchased the Unlimited Access pkg. it is a large spa with comfortable chairs, nice amenities and for most of the time not extremely crowed. However one evening an overhead water pipe burst flooding the entry and forcing the few inside to leave.it was repaired by the next morning. Forget the Internet service especially the days at sea. Extremely slow and very expensive. Our room steward Ryan was top notch. Our state room was cleaned twice a day. We were treated to a zoo of very well done towel sculptures. Really a nice touch. Now that I have my first cruise behind me I definaley know what to look for when I book my next cruise.

Healthy Broker's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 14192

Very comfortable, Ryan was top notch steward. Balcony was small and not private.

Healthy Broker