Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,269 Reviews

Terrible; put me off cruising.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by princess leia18

• Sail Date: Aug 2014
  • Destination: France
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

I had never been on a cruise before as they are not really my thing( I like my own agenda when i'm on holiday) but I agreed to go with my sister and nephew at the last minute as her husband couln't get the time off work.

To start with checking in and boarding the ship was quite simple long queues but no worse than at an airport. Once on the ship rooms weren't ready not a problem as we were hungry so went to get food in the buffet restaurant. The food was of a standard i would not expect of a cruise ship luke warm and tasteless the prices for drinks are extortionate we quickly learnt to nt order any drinks with our meal and just drink the water that was available.

After lunch we went to our cabin and wished we hadn't bothered. i've stayed in many places around the world from hostels up to 5 star and have to say this was one of the dirtiest i've stayed. The sheets and bedding were covered in stains from what looked like blood to sweaty yellow stains on the pillows ( i have photos).

We explored the ship lots to do but also a lot of things cost extra. Dinner in the main dining room was OK but again food pretty tasteless nothing special. Went to the ice show this was very good but again the standard of cleanliness on board was apparent as the ice captain had a huge stain on his white outfit!!

Next morning we were awakened early by the captain to tell us we were in Le Harve not sure of the exact time but must have been around 8.00am. Who wants to be woken up when they are on holiday!!!!!!

Same standard of food for breakfast once we actually managed to get a table and sit down and eat.

To top it all off you are charged $12 a day per person in your cabin (including children) with no choice but to pay as it is just taken off your card which you have to givr upon boarding the ship.

I have friends who regularly go on cruises but not with this company, the welcome pack, menu's are all far superior with other UK based firms. So all I can say is if youy want a cruise go with another company unless you like over priced drinks dirty cabins, poor quality food and poor service that you are charged for.

princess leia18's Full Rating Summary