The rivers of the world are fast becoming hotspots for travelers. European river cruising has boomed in the last decade, and cruise lines are expanding to more exotic and interesting parts of the globe every year. So whether you'd like to sail gently along as medieval castles float by your balcony or you prefer the hustle and bustle of a trip through an Asian metropolis, we can help you find your perfect river cruise. Take a look at where you can go by riverboat.Find River Cruise Deals
River Cruise BasicsRiver cruises are an increasingly popular option for travelers. Get the inside scoop to find out why and what to expect.
Choose a Europe River CruiseWith so many itineraries offered, choosing a river cruise can be overwhelming. Here are our tips to help you pick your perfect cruise.
New River Cruise Ships on OrderHere's what's on deck for new river cruise ships making a splash in 2017
APT Cruises partners with AmaWaterways to provide perks-laden full-ship charters of Ama's ships.
AmaWaterways' fleet of ships sail Europe's largest rivers as well as in Africa, Asia and Russia.
Avalon operates 15 ships in Europe and eight more in the Galapagos, Mekong Delta, China and Egypt.
CroisiEurope's focus is providing a good value-for-money cruise experience that is decidedly French.
All-inclusive, Scenic offers unlimited drinks and butler service for all guests in Europe.
Uniworld's cuisine and service are on a par with ocean-going luxury vessels, and the decor dazzles.
Viking's Longship-class ships are identical and make for a consistently good cruise experience.
Abercrombie & Kent tours offer high-end cruises on chartered river and canal boats.
Amadeus offers a moderately priced, a la carte cruising experience, and touts its food and wine.
American Cruise Lines' fleet of seven ships sail great American waterways including the Mississippi.
American Queen Steamboat Company harks back to the glory days of Big Muddy riverboat cruising.
Aqua Expeditions specializes in eco-friendly Amazon cruises on a small, luxurious ship.
Blount offers simple, comfortable cruises on its two American, shallow-draft coastal cruise vessels.
Grand Circle offers a mostly American clientele cruises emphasizing other cultures and traditions.
Pandaw's ships all boast promenade decks and ply rivers in the remotest reaches of Southeast Asia.
St. Lawrence Cruise Lines cruises between Canada and New York State, catering to senior travellers.
Tauck is an upscale and all-inclusive river cruise line with a relaxed, elegant vibe.
Travelmarvel ships offer a high standard you would expect from an APT-owned river cruise line.
Vantage specializes in river cruises, land tours, and small-ship voyages for travelers 55 plus.
Victoria Cruises, operating solely on China's Yangtze River, caters heavily to Western tastes.
- 11 Reasons to Take Luxury River Cruises
- 11 Things to Know About River vs. Ocean Cruises
- 13 Things Not to Do on a River Cruise
- 5 Awesome Danube River Cruise Ports You've Never Heard Of
- 5 Best Cities for Pre- and Post-Cruise Stays on the Danube River
- 5 Best Cities for Pre- and Post-Cruise Stays on the Rhine River
- 5 German UNESCO Sites You Can See During a River Cruise
- 5 Perfect Souvenirs from a Europe Christmas Markets Cruise
- 5 Thrilling Ways to Connect with Nature
- 5 Tips for a Paris River Cruise
- 5 Tips for a Venice River Cruise
- 5 Tips for an Amsterdam River Cruise
- 6 Great Mississippi River Downtowns
- 6 Surprising Reasons to Take a Pacific Northwest River Cruise
- 6 Things You Must Know About River Cruising in Africa
- 7 Cool Reasons to Take Mississippi Riverboat Cruises
- 7 Ways to Find Europe Along the Mississippi
- 8 Essential Reasons to Take a European River Cruise
- 8 Fairytale Towns to Visit by River Cruise
- 8 Reasons to Take a Christmas Markets Cruise
- A Guide to Accessible River Cruises
- A River Cruise with a Butler: We Try It on Uniworld and Scenic
- A Truffle, Wine and Cheese Cruise Excursion: We Try It With Viking River Cruises
- AmaWaterways vs. Avalon Waterways
- AmaWaterways vs. Viking River Cruises
- Amazon River Cruise Safety: What You Need to Know
- American Cruise Lines vs. American Queen Steamboat Company
- American vs. European River Cruises
- Avalon vs. Viking
- Best Active River Cruises
- Best Budget River Cruise Ships
- Best Family River Cruises
- Best Family-Friendly Cruise Ship Cabins
- Best River Cruise Cabins
- Best River Cruise Dining
- Best River Cruises for Bicyclists
- Best Time for a Danube River Cruise
- Best Time for a Rhone River Cruise
- Biking Along the Danube: We Try It on Avalon Passion
- Bordeaux River Cruise Tips
- Brahmaputra River Cruise Tips
- Canal Cruise Tips
- Columbia and Snake River Cruise Tips
- Come Aboard My Hudson River Cruise on American Spirit
- Come Aboard My Nile River Cruise on Uniworld's River Tosca
- Come Aboard My Rhine River Cruise on Avalon Creativity
- Conducting Your Own Orchestra: We Try It With Avalon Waterways
- Contacting Your River Cruise Line
- Creating a New Cruise Itinerary
- Cruise Line Tipping Policies: River and Barge Lines
- Cruising Eastern Europe on the Danube River
- Crystal River Cruises vs. Scenic Cruises
- Crystal River Cruises vs. Uniworld
- Danube River Cruise Lines and Danube River Cruise Itineraries
- Danube River Cruise Port Highlights
- Danube River Cruise Prices: How to Find a Good Deal
- Danube River Cruise Tips
- Douro River Cruise Tips
- Downton Abbey's Highclere Castle Tour on a Viking River Cruise
- Drinking Along the Danube: Wine and Other Drinks to Try on Your River Cruise
- East Asia Cruise Tips
- Elbe River Cruise Tips
- Emerald Waterways vs. Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- Emerald Waterways vs. Viking River Cruises
- European Castles to See Along Germany's Rivers
- European Christmas Market Cruises: Beyond the Danube and Rhine
- Exotic River Cruise Tips
- French River Cruise Tips
- Ganges River Cruise Tips
- Grand Circle vs. Vantage River Cruises
- Guadalquivir River Cruise Tips
- How to Choose a Europe River Cruise
- How Wind and Water Levels Could Ruin Your River Cruise
- Irrawaddy River Cruise Tips
- Loire River Cruise Tips
- Main River Cruise Tips
- Mekong River Cruise Tips
- Meuse River Cruise Tips
- Mississippi River Cruise Tips
- Moselle River Cruise Tips
- Most Unusual River Cruise Itineraries
- Murray River Cruise Tips
- New Orleans on Two Wheels
- New River Cruise Ships for 2017
- New River Cruise Ships in 2015
- New River Cruise Ships on Order 2015
- Newest River Cruise Ships in 2016
- Ohio River Cruise Tips
- Pictures From a Po River Cruise in Italy
- Pictures From a Russia River Cruise
- Pictures From an Elbe River Cruise
- Pictures From the Chesapeake Shipbuilding Yard
- Po River Cruise Tips
- Private Belvedere Palace Concert: We Try It With Crystal River Cruises
- Redirected: Letter From ... an Egypt in Flux
- Redirected: Slideshow: Emerald Waterways' Emerald Sky, Before & After
- Rhine River Cruise Prices: How to Find a Good Deal
- Rhine River Cruise Tips
- Rhine River vs. Danube River Cruises
- Rhone River Cruise Lines and Rhone River Cruise Itineraries
- Rhone River Cruise Port Highlights
- Rhone River Cruise Tips
- River Cruise Excursions: Free vs. Fee
- River Cruise Prices: A Primer for the First Timer
- River Cruise Tips
- River Cruise Tips for Wine-Lovers
- River Cruising Trends: Europe
- River Cruising With Backroads: We Try It on AmaWaterways' AmaSonata
- Rolling on the River: Discover the Mississippi River's Best Marine Museums
- Russian River Cruise Tips
- Scenic vs. Viking River Cruises
- Seine River Cruise Tips
- Slideshow: River Cruise Queens of the Mississippi
- Tauck vs. Uniworld
- Tauck vs. Viking River Cruises
- Thames River Cruise Tips
- The 15 Best Small Cruise Ship Lines
- Tibet Cruise Tour Tips
- Tips for Choosing an Asia River Cruise
- Tips for Tasting: Cruising Along Kentucky's Bourbon Trail
- Top 7 Tips for Cruising with an Elderly Parent
- Tulip River Cruise Tips
- U.S. River Cruises: 9 Things to Know
- Uniworld vs. AmaWaterways
- Uniworld vs. Scenic
- Upper Mississippi River vs. Lower Mississippi River Cruises
- Viking River Cruise vs. Viking Ocean Cruise
- Viking River Cruises vs. CroisiEurope and A-Rosa
- Viking River Cruises vs. Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- Viking vs. Uniworld
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Are River Cruises Safe?
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Cabins
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Dining on a River Cruise
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Docking Locations
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Families and Children
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Low River Water Levels, High River Water Levels and Weather Issues
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Shore Excursions
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: What's Included in My Cruise Fare?
- What to Expect on Vantage River Cruises
- Where to Find the Mississippi River Blues
- Why Amadeus Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why AmaWaterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Avalon Waterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why CroisiEurope Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Crystal Mozart Is the River Cruise Ship for You
- Why Emerald Waterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Go There: 8 Reasons to Cruise Along the Douro River
- Why Grand Circle Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Scenic Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Tauck is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Uniworld Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Vantage Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Viking River Cruises Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Wine on the Rhine: Drinking Your Way Along the Rhine River
- Wine Sailings on Pacific Northwest River Cruises
- Yangtze River Cruise Prices: How to Find a Good Deal
- Yangtze River Cruise Tips
Such a wonderful cruisenancyk4We just came back from our great cruise down the Danube River starting in Budapest and ending in Prague. Absolutely a wonderful time. Ibbi is the cruise director and so nice, patient and knowledgeable. The captain has quite a sense of humor, the bar ... Read more
Luxury from start to finishRosemaryRhodesWe looked at dozens of cruises but liked what we saw from Scenic. We travelled to Amsterdam with Eurostar, so easy and seamless. We were warmly welcomed on arrival on the Ruby and so it continued for the whole week. The ship is wonderful, the ... Read more
Excellent experiencehillswoodendI chose this cruise and ship because I was impressed by the indoor pool / cinema feature and I liked the itinerary which took me to 5 countries I might not have otherwise visited....Hungary, Croatia, Serbia , Bulgaria and Romania. It was very ... Read more
AMAWaterways provided the perfect experience for us and our friends to enjoy a vacation in Europe together! We were 4 couples from all over the US. We wanted time to visit and party together but also have time to persue our own interests. ... Read more
Why no reviews since 2015?EdOpinionI was confused because I could find any reviews since 2015. We were on the "MS River Navigator", although this page refers to Vantage River Navigator. I'm assuming and hoping I'm on the right page. River cruise, NOT an ocean liner. ... Read more
My husband and I wanted to cruise the Rhine and visit places we had never been to before. The emerald sky is a beautiful ship with wonderful staff. We were delighted to have been upgraded to an owners suite which was an amazing surprise. I ... Read more
So wonderful to unpack once and ride the Rhine for 7 days. The staff were all very nice, helpful. The food for all three meals was excellent by their chef. Our table waiter was Deyan and he is the best, very jolly! Mimi cleaned our room daily and we ... Read more
- Things some love and others don't. Example: Passau organ concert bellemere
- Silver Spirits Pkg on Viking MikeyB
- Viking Danube Waltz Oct VS. Rhine Getaway July Cruiseoholic000
- Mekong verses Irrawaddy Jack1
- Dining Table Attangements - Viking/Uniworld lackcreativity
- Linz or wander around Salzburg without doing Sound of Music tours with Scenic? HenrysAunt
- Loved Lisbon! On Viking River Cruise in Portugal SuiteTraveler
- Bordeaux Riverboat wine cruises tipsygirl